Continuing Education Information
Workshop & Course Completion Requirements
Workshop attendees will be required to sign in and out each day, attend the workshop in full, and complete the course evaluation in order to earn CE credit. Online participants must complete the course in full and attend all sessions in order to receive ANY continuing education credit. No partial credit will be given. Attendees should complete all required steps to earn CE credit within 30 days after the conclusion of the workshop.
How can I access/print my CE certificate and when?
We have recently migrated to a new CE system. If you attended any of the following workshops during our transition (through April 16, 2019), you will need to create or log into your IBH account using the links below. Using the email address you registered with, complete your evaluation to access your CE certificate. If you experience any technical issues, please contact IBH at 707-668-2030.
For all other workshops and online courses, please log into your Praxis account. You must complete the evaluation survey for the workshop or course you attended in order to access your CE certificate. See our FAQs for more details.
CE for Workshops Administered by The Institute for Better Health (IBH) with CE21
- ACT BootCamp for Women – San Diego (Aug 16, 2018)
- ACT BootCamp for Behavior Analysts – Baltimore (Sep 27, 2018)
- ACT I – Las Vegas (Oct 11, 2018)
- ACT III – Atlanta (Oct 20, 2018)
- ACT BootCamp – Houston (Nov 01, 2018)
- ACT BootCamp – Bay Area (Feb 21, 2019)
- ACT BootCamp for Behavior Analysts – Reno (Mar 07, 2019)
- ACT I – Sacramento (Mar 29, 2019)
- ACT I – San Diego (Apr 05, 2019)
- ACT II – Las Vegas (Apr 11, 2019)
- Getting the Most Out of Mindfulness and Compassion – Salt Lake City (Apr 11, 2019)
- Attachment-Focused EMDR – San Diego (Apr 12, 2019)
- Attachment-Focused EMDR – Buena Park (Apr 15, 2019)
- EMDR Pre-Conference/Conference – Burlingame (Oct 16, 2019)
- ACT BootCamp – Philadelphia (Oct 24, 2019)
- ACT BootCamp for Behavior Analysts – Ft. Lauderdale (Nov 7, 2019)
If you are trying to access a CE certificate for an event that took place prior to September 2018 and is not listed above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is continuing education (CE) credit included in the registration?
Yes, CE certificates are included in the fees for our courses, both live and on-demand.
Is Praxis an authorized CE provider for my license type in my state?
These professional continuing education activities are sponsored by PraxisCET, 5674 Shattuck Avenue, Oakland, CA 94501, 510-594-6154, and jointly sponsored by the Institute for Better Health (IBH), PO BOX 5710, Santa Rosa, CA 95402, 707-668-2030. The continuing education program has been approved by the organizations listed below. Please see the course web page for a list of specific approvals offered for that course.
Continuing education requirements for US behavioral-health professionals vary with license type and jurisdiction. Your particular CE requirements are determined by the board that regulated your license. If you have particular questions about your situation, we encourage you to email us at email@example.com. We have compiled a state-by-state and profession-by-profession database, and we’ll do our best to point you to your board’s particular set of rules and policies. However, you are ultimately responsible for ensuring that your continuing education requirements for renewal are met.
Please note that individual trainings may or may not be covered for all the available license types listed below. Refer to the Continuing Education section of each course’s page to see a list of its relevant approvals.
Praxis CET maintains responsibility for the program with the CE approvals outlined below:
- Behavior Analysts: PraxisCET is an approved BACB ACE Provider # OP-17-2718.
- Drug and Alcohol Counselors: Indicated courses have been approved by Praxis Continuing Education and Training, Inc, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for 1 CE hour per contact hour. NAADAC Provider #165310, Praxis Continuing Education and Training, Inc, is responsible for all aspects of its programming.
- Counselors-NBCC: Praxis Continuing Education and Training, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6759. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Praxis Continuing Education and Training, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- NY State Social Workers: Praxis Continuing Education and Training, Inc is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0467.
- NY State Counselors: Praxis Continuing Education and Training, Inc is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0198.
- NY State Psychologists: Praxis Continuing Education and Training, Inc is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists. #PSY-0002.
Institute for Better Health maintains responsibility for the program with the CE approvals outlined below:
- Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Institute for Better Health and Praxis Continuing Education and Training. The Institute for Better Health is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Institute for Better Health designates activities for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™ per hour attended. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Psychologists: Institute for Better Health is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education to psychologists. Institute for Better Health maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
- Nurses: Institute for Better Health, Inc is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Institute for Better Health is approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses, BRN (Provider CEP#2672).
- National Social Workers: Certain courses approved are offered for the category of Clinical Social Workers. This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886825109) for 1 continuing education hour per contact hours.
- Educators: Institute for Better Health has been approved by the Washington State Professional Educator Standards Board (WESPSB), a member of NASDTEC, as a Clock Hour Provider for Educators. Learners may claim one Clock Hour for each activity hour attended. Please contact your individual state boards for information regarding reciprocity and any additional requirements.
The Institute for Better Health, Inc. (IBH) and Praxis are responsible for the content, quality and scientific integrity of all CE/CME activities certified for credit. When an education activity is offered for medical (CME), Nursing (ANCC), and Psychology (APA) continuing education credit, participants must be informed as to the source, amount, nature, and disposition of any funding used to support the activity, whether in the form of education grants, cash contributions, or in-kind contributions.
Individuals in a position to influence course content must also disclose whether they have one or more relevant financial relationships with individuals and companies who have a financial interest in activity content.
Praxis does not accept commercial support for any of our Continuing Education Activities.
Speakers, program planners, and others in a position to influence activity content may disclose any relevant financial relationships online. If you disclose a potential conflict of interest, one of our staff will be in touch with you to help describe and hopefully resolve the conflict in a manner acceptable to our accrediting agencies. The online forms take only a few moments to complete. Your disclosure, along with the manner in which conflicts of interests (if any) were resolved will be made available to activity participants. Please note: you are required to complete the disclosure process even if you do not have any relevant financial relationships. These ‘negative disclosures’ will also be made available onsite. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 510-594-6154 during normal business hours, and we will gladly help you.
Speaker/Planner Disclosure Information
All relevant disclosures are listed below for those who have control over the content of Praxis courses.
Please Note: This is a comprehensive list, containing disclosures from speakers who took part in a variety of educational activities. Not all speakers were involved in the production/planning, or were in a position to influence the content, of all Praxis activities. ALL individuals who reported relevant financial relationships or conflicts of interests successfully resolved the conflict(s) in the manner described.
Praxis Course Planners and Content Reviewers involved with educational activities– The following individuals do not have any relevant financial relationships to disclose.
|Steven Hayes, PhD|
|Gerald Piaget, PhD|
|Matthew Boone, LCSW|
|Barbara Binkley, LCSW|
|Margaret Klein, RN, MS, MSN, JD|
|Paresh Patel, MD, PhD|
The following speakers have no relevant financial relationships to disclose: They have agreed that their presentations and other contributions to program content will be completely fair and unbiased, and will mention other healing processes and productions during presentations when appropriate. If possible, they will refer to generics rather than to brand names when mentioning products, equipment, and services, and they will be selected/included on the basis of best available evidence.
|Adel Najdowski, PhD, BCBA-D|
|Alyssa Wilson, PhD|
|Anthony Biglan, PhD|
|Aprilia West, PsyD|
|Ben Sedley, PhD|
|Catharine Meyers, BA|
|Dan Rosen, PhD|
|David Burns, MD|
|David Sloan Wilson, PhD|
|Debbie Sorensen, PhD|
|Dennis Tirch, PhD|
|Donny Newsome, PhD|
|Evelyn Gould, PhD|
|Francesca degli Espinosa, PhD|
|Gina Biegel, MA|
|Janina Scarlet, PhD|
|Jennifer Payne, PhD|
|Jill Stoddard, PhD|
|Jonathan Kanter, PhD|
|Jonathan Tarbox, PhD|
|Kirk Strosahl, PhD|
|Kirk Johnson, MA|
|Kelly Wilson, PhD|
|Kendra Newsome, PhD, BCBA-D|
|Kevin Polk, PhD|
|Laura Silberstein-Tirch, PsyD|
|Laurel Parnell, PhD|
|Leslie Becker-Phelps, PhD|
|Lewis Engel, PhD|
|Lisa Coyne, PhD|
|Lou Lasprugato, MFT|
|Mark Dixon, PhD, BCBA-D|
|Martin Brock, MSA, MA|
|Mary Loudon, PhD|
|Mathew Boone, LCSW|
|Matthew McKay, PhD|
|Matthieu Villatte, PhD|
|Meg McKelvie, PhD|
|Michelle Melton, PhD|
|Miranda Morris, PhD|
|Monica Johnson, PsyD|
|Ramona Houmanfar, PhD|
|Rikke Kjelgaard, MSc|
|Robyn Gobin, PhD|
|Robyn Walser, PhD|
|Rochelle Frank, PhD|
|Ronald Siegel, PsyD|
|Russell Harris, MBBS|
|Ruth Anne Rehfeldt, PhD, BCBA-D|
|Sandra Georgescu, PsyD|
|Scott Herbst, PhD|
|Siri Ming, PhD, BCBA-D|
|Sonja Batten, PhD|
|Stacie Cooper, PsyD|
|Stefan Hofmann, PhD|
|Steven Hayes, PhD|
|Stuart Libman, MD|
|Susan McCurry, PhD|
|Thomas Szabo, PhD, BCBA-D|
|Timothy Fuller, PhD|
|Timothy Gordon, MSW|