The Youth Model of Acceptance, Mindfulness, and Positive Psychology
About This Course
Unit 1: Noticer as the Foundation for All Humans
Unit 2: Values Connect Us to Meaning and Vitality
Unit 3: The Advisor Helps Us Find Our Way
Unit 4: The Discoverer Helps Us Learn and Grow
Unit 5: DNA-v in Actions
Unit 6: Developing a Flexible Self-View
Unit 7: Relationships: Friendship and Love are in our DNA
Unit 8: Building Strong Social Networks with DNA-v
Participants will be able to:
- Conceptualize and assess “functionally “emotion regulation problems within an ACT frame.
- Apply specific 6 core ACT processes when working with clients struggling with emotion regulation problems.
- Demonstrate how to connect 6 ACT core processes in a roadmap for emotion regulation.
- Describe the similarities and differences between traditional behavioral exposure (inhibitory learning model) and ACT-based exposure.
- Assess “functional” OCD and anxiety problems.
- Deliver ACT-consistent exposures for clients struggling with OCD and anxiety disorder.
- Discriminate function versus form when working with clients with unique clinical presentations such as OCD, anxiety, and emotion regulation.
- Discuss targeted ACT processes for exposure and emotion regulation in relationship to the hexaflex.
Please review complete CE and conflict-of-interest disclosure information prior to registering. This course is jointly sponsored by Praxis CET and Institute for Better Health (IBH) and is approved for 16 CE Hours by the following:
- NBCC – National Counselors
- NY State – Counselors and Social Workers
- Other State Level Counselors, MFTs, and Social Workers
- WESPSB – Educators
- APA - Psychologist: Institute for Better Health, Inc is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education for psychologists. Institute for Better Health, Inc maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
Hayes, L., & Ciarrochi, J. (2015). The Thriving Adolescent: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Positive Psychology to Help Young People Manage Emotions, Achieve Goals, and Build Connection: Oakland, CA: Context Press.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
We understand, sometimes things come up!
Praxis will offer a full refund to registrants of both live and live-online trainings who cancel their registration up to 14 days before the course or workshop start date, minus an administrative processing fee of $30 for a 2-day workshop or online course, and a $50 fee for a 4-day workshop. If cancelled within 14 days, no refund will be issued, however, a credit for the same amount will be applied toward another learning product, which expires within 1 year. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel a registration.