The Youth Model of Acceptance, Mindfulness, and Positive Psychology
About This Course
Prior to registering, please review speaker-planner conflict of interest disclosures and complete CE information.
Unit 1: Noticer as the Foundation for All Humans
Unit 2: Values Connect Us to Meaning and Vitality
Unit 3: The Advisor Helps Us Find Our Way
Unit 4: The Discoverer Helps Us Learn and Grow
Unit 5: DNA-v in Actions
Unit 6: Developing a Flexible Self-View
Unit 7: Relationships: Friendship and Love are in our DNA
Unit 8: Building Strong Social Networks with DNA-v
Participants will be able to:
- Conceptualize and assess “functionally “emotion regulation problems within an ACT frame.
- Apply specific 6 core ACT processes when working with clients struggling with emotion regulation problems.
- Demonstrate how to connect 6 ACT core processes in a roadmap for emotion regulation.
- Describe the similarities and differences between traditional behavioral exposure (inhibitory learning model) and ACT-based exposure.
- Assess “functional” OCD and anxiety problems.
- Deliver ACT-consistent exposures for clients struggling with OCD and anxiety disorder.
- Discriminate function versus form when working with clients with unique clinical presentations such as OCD, anxiety, and emotion regulation.
- Understand targeted ACT processes for exposure and emotion regulation in relationship to the hexaflex.
Hayes, L., & Ciarrochi, J. (2015). The Thriving Adolescent: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Positive Psychology to Help Young People Manage Emotions, Achieve Goals, and Build Connection: Oakland, CA: Context Press.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
We understand, sometimes things come up!
Praxis will offer a full refund to registrants of both live and live-online trainings who cancel their registration up to 14 days before the course or workshop start date, minus an administrative processing fee of $30 for a 2-day workshop or online course, and a $50 fee for a 4-day workshop. If cancelled within 14 days, no refund will be issued, however, a credit for the same amount will be applied toward another learning product, which expires within 1 year. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel a registration.