Fierce, Fabulous, and Female
Engage and Empower Women through Acceptance and Mindfulness
About This Course
Session 1: November 7, 2019, 1 pm-3 pm EST
ACT with Girl Power: An Introduction to ACT and How It Can Be Used in a Context of Empowerment
Session 2: November 14, 2019, 1 pm-3 pm EST
Dare to Be Your Most Courageous Self: Applying the ACT Hexaflex to Bravery
Session 3: November 21, 2019, 1 pm-3 pm EST
Fabulous Firmness: Using Values-Based Assertiveness Skills to Stand up for Yourself and Set Healthy Boundaries
Session 4: December 5, 2019, 1 pm-3 pm EST
Communicate like a Pro: Discovering and Expressing Your Deepest Needs
Session 5: December 12, 2019, 1 pm-3 pm EST
Real Queens Fix Each Other’s Crowns: How to Turn Female Competition into Networks of Support
Session 6: December 19, 2019, 1 pm-3 pm EST
Fierce Compassion: Discover, Plan, and Execute Practices of Compassionate Self-Care
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the basics of the ACT model and how it relates to female empowerment.
- Explore your own vulnerability and the strengths associated with it.
- Apply the ACT hexaflex to the concept of bravery to advance your behavioral repertoire.
- Describe values-based assertiveness and demonstrate assertiveness skills to create healthy boundaries.
- Discriminate between workable and unworkable excuses and explanations.
- Assess your needs and practice expressing these clearly to increase the likelihood of having your needs met by others.
- Describe the important role of female support systems and building networks of practice opportunities.
- Train and implement compassionate skills in the service of cultivating the competencies of compassion and self-care.
Harris, R. (2019). ACT Made Simple, 2nd Edition. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger.
Kolts, R. L., Bell, T., Bennett-Levy, J., & Irons, C. (2018). Experiencing Compassion-Focused Therapy from the Inside Out. A Self-Practice/Self-Reflection Workbook for Therapists. Guilford Publications.
Breines, J. G., & Chen, S. (2012). Self-compassion increases self-improvement motivation. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin 38 (9):1133–43. DOI:10.1177/0146167212445599.
A-tjak, J. G., Davis, M. L., Morina, N., Powers, M. B., Smits, J. A., & Emmelkamp, P. M. (2015). A meta-analysis of the efficacy of acceptance and commitment therapy for clinically relevant mental and physical health problems. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, 84(1), 30-36.
Stevenson, O., Allen, A. B. (2016). Women’s empowerment: Finding strength in self-
compassion. Women & Health; 1-16. DOI: 10.1080/03630242.2016.1164271.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
We understand, sometimes things come up!
Praxis will offer a full refund to registrants of both live and live-online trainings who cancel their registration prior to 14 days before an event/course. If a registrant would like to cancel their registration within 14 days of the event, no refund will be offered. However, the registrant can elect to receive a credit to be used toward another Praxis event within 1 calendar year.