Frequently Asked Questions
PraxisCET accepts Visa, Mastercard, and American Express payments. If necessary, we also accept checks and payments via PayPal. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance if you are unable to pay by credit card.
Praxis will offer a full refund to registrants of any workshop or live online course who cancel their registration up to 14 days before the training’s start date, minus an administrative processing fee of $30 for a 2-day workshop or live online course, and a $50 fee for a 4-day workshop.
If a registrant wishes to cancel within 14 days, no refund will be issued, however, a credit for the same amount will be applied toward another learning product, which expires within 1 year.
All on-demand courses have a refund window of 14 days. After that window, no refunds or credits will be given.
Please email us at email@example.com to cancel a registration.
While the Praxis team goes to great lengths to ensure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate any problems that might arise during a training, there will be occasional issues that come to the attention of our staff which requires intervention and/or action on the part of the staff or an office of Praxis. When a participant, either orally or in written format, has filed a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken:
- Individuals filing a grievance will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. Our director will then pass on the comments to the authorized consultant, assuring the confidentiality of the aggrieved individual.
- The director and the authorized consultant will discuss the grievance and collaborate on an appropriate response to the participant and will use the opportunity to develop greater program quality when possible.
- Resolution may also include:
- Attempt to move the participant to another workshop/training, or
- Provide a credit for a subsequent year’s workshop/training, or
- Provide a partial or full refund on the workshop/training fee.
If you have a grievance you would like to share with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to qualify for the discounted student rate, you must currently be taking at least 12 credits in an undergraduate program or at least 6 credits in a graduate program at a post-secondary school. You must also be able to show proof of enrollment if asked at an event. No exceptions will be made. (Please note, student rates are not available for our on-demand courses.)
Yes, you will need to complete the feedback evaluation if you wish to receive a CE certificate. Aside from being a great tool to help us improve our programming for you, the post-course feedback evaluation is required by all certification boards for which Praxis and IBH are authorized providers of CE credit.
Live Online Trainings
1. Log in here. You can use either your username or the complete email address with which you registered for the training, both work.
3. Look for the list of sessions below the orange bar under where it says Course Content (all schedules are listed in US Eastern time). Click the day and time link of the session you wish to attend. On the following page, click the link where it says ‘Click here to join.
Please note that we use Zoom Meetings to provide our live online training. If this is your first time connecting to Zoom, you may be prompted to download Zoom’s client software. While you can attend entirely through your web browser, we do recommend installing Zoom’s app, as it provides access to certain features that may otherwise be unavailable.
4. When prompted, enter your first name, last name, and the email you used when signing up for the training, then click Register. If the training has already begun, you’ll be sent directly into the session. If you’re a little early (up to 15-20 minutes before the start), you’ll be given a waiting message until we open up the room. We usually get started by 5 minutes after the hour at the very latest, but some days can be a little slower.
If you’re still waiting to be let in 7 minutes or more after the scheduled start time, the first thing we recommend is logging out of praxiscet.com and closing your browser and Zoom entirely, then repeating the “How do I log in” steps listed above (it doesn’t happen often, but Zoom has been occasionally known to ‘strand’ someone in the waiting room, and restarting everything is the fastest way to shake that loose). If reconnecting this way doesn’t work, please contact support and we’ll investigate further.
- Upon entering the online course, your camera and microphone are off by default. Controls for these can be found in the lower left of the Zoom window. Mouse over the screen to bring up the menu bar along the bottom, then look for the buttons that appear as an old-time radio microphone and a video camera.
- Select the up arrow beside each to see a list of options allowing you to choose between different hardware you may have, or to test your current settings. Please be aware that audio from open mics may interfere with the presentation, so we ask that you keep yourself muted unless otherwise instructed. It is also recommended that attendees wear headphones if possible, as sensitive microphones may pick up audio coming from your computer’s speakers, creating feedback in those moments when you’re unmuted and talking to the presenter or other participants.
- Zoom’s default view is to focus the camera on whoever is speaking at the time. If a PowerPoint presentation or whiteboard are being shared, these will become the focus, and the speaker will be shown in the upper right. You can control how this appears on your own screen by selecting from the icons on top of the box displaying camera feeds. Please note that changing your own view does not affect the recording. No matter how individual attendees may or may not have things arranged on their personal displays, session recordings will capture the default configuration.
While we track attendance for every session, this is not tabulated until the end of a given course. Below the sessions and materials, you will find items labeled Attendance and Feedback Survey. The circle to the right of Attendance will be empty until and unless Praxis has updated this at the end of the training.
If you attended all the sessions of a live online course, a checkmark will appear next to “Attendance” once we have input the appropriate information.
Once you see the attendance marked as completed, you will be able to access the Feedback Survey. Completing the survey automatically emails you a copy of your certificate, and you can download this again at any time from the My Certificates area of My Account.
Yes! All our webinars are recorded, and registrants have access to these recordings for six months from the end of the training. To access a recording, simply follow the same steps as for attending a live session; once the link reads ‘Click here to view recording’ instead of ‘Click here to join’, that means the recording is ready to watch. Please note that it generally takes about a day before recordings of a given session become available.
*Note that some online courses may, at the discretion of the trainer, make use of breakout room options to subdivide attendees into smaller discussion groups. What goes on inside the breakout rooms is not recorded, but we typically have a volunteer group who remain outside the breakouts as an example so that the work is still documented.
Praxis provides attendees with copies of PowerPoint or Keynote presentations that go along with our online courses, as well as any supplemental documentation our presenters might wish to include, such as worksheets. These can be found by following the instructions for attending a live session, then clicking on Slides and Materials, which will be right above Session 1 for any course. Documents are usually in PDF form and open in a new tab when clicked. Most users will see options to print and download the file in the upper right of that new tab, though Mac users sometimes need to right-click on the link and select “Save As” instead.
Most courses are not transcribed, although some are. Please contact us to inquire about transcripts.
Closed captioning is available for all live online trainings upon request. If you have any additional requirements, please contact us.
Zoom supports a wide variety of operating systems, browsers, and devices, including:
- Windows XP (SP3 or later), Vista (SP1), 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge
- Mac OS X with Mac OS 10.7 or greater
- Safari 5+
*Note that in order to participate in a live online course, you will need to use a web camera and a microphone.
Participants must complete the course in full and attend all required sessions. Once the training has concluded, participants will be asked to submit a course evaluation. Upon receipt of the course evaluation, attendees will be emailed a copy of their CE Certificate of Completion. No partial credit will be awarded.
- Log in here using the email address and password with which you purchased the training.
- Select My Online Courses on the following screen (if you do not see this option or any other gray boxes, click My Account in the upper right). Click on the title of the training you wish to access, and then follow the on-screen directions to view the course content.
Please note that these courses keep track of your progress – you don’t need to complete the entire training in one sitting. When you’re ready to stop a particular session, simply close the training window and next time you open the course you will be able to see where you left off.
Our system supports a wide variety of operating systems, browsers, and devices, including:
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Microsoft Edge (we recommend the latest versions for all browsers)
Please note that Internet Explorer is not recommended for On-Demand courses.
Trouble? Check if your browser is up-to-date!
You most definitely can – you have lifetime access to your course, so you can watch the videos whenever you like, and as many times as you like, at whichever pace works for you. We recommend you watch the videos and work through the modules in the order they are released, as each course starts from a foundation and builds its way up.
Forever! Our on-demand courses come with lifetime access so you can move through the modules at your own pace and come back to the material as many times as you need.
Yes! Currently, closed captions/subtitles are available in English and Spanish for all our on-demand courses. There is also the opportunity to slow down/speed up the video playback as you wish. Additional language options will be considered seriously in the future, depending on interest.
For ACT 1 and DNA-V
Underneath the “Open” button that launches the on-demand course, you’ll see a second button labeled “Mark as Complete and Continue”. This button becomes available once you’ve completed the on-demand training, and clicking it unlocks access to the Feedback Survey. Completing the survey automatically emails you a copy of your certificate, and you can download your certificates again at any time from the Certificates area of your Account.
For ACT Immersion and ACT in Practice
- In your internet browser, go to the unique link provided at the end of Module 10.
By following this link, you will arrive on the IBH-Join Event webpage.
- In the first field provided, enter the email address you used to register for the course.
- If this is your first time logging into the IBH event page, you will need to complete all required fields including your address.
- Returning attendees only need to enter your email address. Type your email address and hit ENTER on your keyboard. This will direct returning attendees straight to your customer account page.
- The course you recently completed will be pre-populated into your account.
- Click on the "Certificate" button located below the title of the course.
- A pop-up menu will appear with the next steps. You will need to complete these steps from top to bottom (post-test (if applicable), evaluation, affidavit).
- Click “Download your Certificate”, or have your certificate emailed to you.
We encourage members to complete the post-test and evaluation within 6 months of course completion to earn their CE certificate.
For all other on-demand courses:
- Once you have completed all the modules and have taken the post-test for each module, go to the “Evaluation” tab on the course menu.
- If you have passed the post-tests with a cumulative average score of 80% or higher, the course feedback evaluation will be made available to you on the Evaluation page. You will be allowed to retake each post-test only once if you do not pass with an 80% or higher average.
- After submitting the feedback evaluation, a button will appear that will allow you to download your certificate.
We encourage members to submit the feedback evaluation within 6 months of course completion to earn their CE certificate.
Participants must complete the course in full and complete all required sessions. Participants will need to pass the post-test exam with a minimum score of 80%. Once the exam has been successfully submitted, participants will be asked to submit a course evaluation. Upon receipt of the course evaluation, attendees will be able to print or save a copy of their CE Certificate of completion. No partial credit will be awarded.
Workshop attendees will be required to sign in and out each day, attend the training in full, and complete the course evaluation in order to earn CE credit. Upon receipt of the course evaluation, attendees will be able to print or save a copy of their CE/CME Certificate of completion. No partial credit will be awarded.
In the unlikely event Praxis CET has to cancel a scheduled course, attendees will be granted a full refund for tuition paid. Refunds will be issued back to the original payment method within one week of making the decision to cancel. Travel arrangements or any other costs accrued by the attendee will not be refunded or covered in any way by Praxis CET.
Yes, all of our live workshop sites are ADA compliant. Please contact email@example.com for any special accommodation requests.
Yes! Volunteer spots are granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Volunteers will receive a 40% discount towards the cost of registration. We typically only accept 1 or 2 volunteers for ACT I, II or III events, and 3 or 4 volunteers for BootCamp and other larger events.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.