Praxis CET Takes Data Privacy Seriously
Praxis Continuing Education and Training, LLC, its subsidiaries, and its affiliates (collectively “Praxis CET,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) understand that you care about how your personal information is collected, used, stored, and shared. We take your privacy and our obligations to protect your data seriously.
Acceptance of Terms
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
By using our Website and supplying any information to us, you authorize us to collect, use, store and otherwise process any personally identifiable information which relates to and identifies you, as well as potential personally identifiable information and technical information to the extent reasonably necessary to provide you with the ability to use and interact with our Website as well as to advertise and market our products to you.
- Personally Identifiable Information Collected
- Create an account. A user who creates an account must provide his or her email address, state whether he or she is a mental health provider, your license type, and create a password. You may—but are not required to—provide and store in your account your first and last name, phone number, shipping addresses, and billing information (credit card information and billing address). We will process this information based on your consent.A user must create an account in order to purchase a product or post a comment.
- Purchase a product. A user who purchases products online through the Website must create an account and provide the following information: their billing and shipping address(es) and credit card information. We will process this information based on your consent and to complete your purchase.
- If you want to receive emails from us about topics that relate to your purchase, then you can check a box to receive such communications while you are completing your purchase.
- Post a comment. A user who wishes to post a comment on an article, video, or blog posted on the Website, must sign in to their Facebook account to do so. We will process this information based on your consent.
- Sign up for the newsletter. A user who wishes to sign up for the Praxis CET newsletter must provide their email address. We will process this information based on your consent, to facilitate your request for a newsletter, and our legitimate interest in promoting our business.
- Complete a survey. A user who wishes to complete a survey will be asked to provide only the information needed to complete the survey in addition to responding to the questions asked. Some surveys are anonymous while others require users to provide first name and last name, email address and sometimes mailing address. We will process this information based on your consent.
- Sign up for a promotion or event. A user who wishes to participate in a promotion or an event will be asked to provide the following information: first name and last name, email address and sometimes a mailing address. We will process this information based on your consent, to facilitate your request, and our legitimate interest in promoting our business.
Praxis CET does not collect PII and/or Potential PII other than as described herein and below with respect to cookies. Users to our Website can always refuse to supply PII, Potential PII, or Other Information (defined below) with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain sections and features of the Website.
- Cookies and Other Information Collected
- Better understand how users access and interact with our Website as well as the types of products searched for on the Website.
- Store items in your shopping cart.
- Recognize when you return to our Website.
- Understand where issues may arise on our Website and engage in troubleshooting.
- Improve our customer service operations.
Not Accepting Cookies. If you do not accept cookies, then we and our Service Providers will not track how you interact with our Website other than if you request that we send you information, then we will capture the data you enter into the Website to facilitate your request (e.g. sign you up for our newsletter if you provide us with your contact information and a request to receive the newsletter).
- Permit our Website to function.
- Allow your browser to store our Website as a website that you have previously visited.
- Maintain your shopping cart during a session or visit to our Website.
- List products recently viewed by you during your current session.
- Maintain a session.
- For security purposes.
If you do not accept cookies, then to the extent these cookies collecting PII, Potential PII, and/or Other Information about you that personally identifies you, such information will be stored only during your visit to our Website to ensure the Website functions properly, e.g., products you place in your cart will stay there during your session. Once you end your visit to our Website, the cookies that will be maintained will not capture any of your PII, Potential PII, or Other Information.
- Do Not Track Signals
Praxis CET does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that permits an individual to exercise choice regarding the collection of PII, Potential PII, and Other Information about that individual’s activities over time and across third-party websites and online services. Some of the Service Providers who run cookies on our Website respond to “do not track” signals.
Use and Disclosure of PII, Potential PII, and Other Information
Praxis CET WILL NOT RENT OR SELL YOUR INFORMATION TO ANYONE.
Praxis CET will trade a list of users who have purchased products from us as well as the users’ contract information with similar companies to use for advertising purposes. You may let us know that you do not want us to share your PII or Potential PII with these other publishing company by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call us at 1-800-748-6273.
- How Praxis CET Uses Your Information
We use your PII, Potential PII, and Other Information for the following purposes:
- To interact with you via the Website, in emails, at workshops, conferences, and at other in-person and online events.
- To process and track any purchases that you make.
- To send you newsletters or information about certain events when you request such information.
- To market services and products to you based on PII, Potential PII, and Other Information that you provide to us. For example, if you tell us you are a behavior analyst, we may send you emails about trainings specific to your license type. Please note that marketing materials may come from us, our Service Providers, or other companies, with whom we share Users’ contact information.
- To understand your topic preferences. For example, when you browse workshops in a certain category on our website, we may display product recommendations in related categories.
- To better understand how you and other users access, interact with, and use our Website and social media accounts, as well as how we can improve our Website and develop and deliver new services and content.
- To enhance our publication decisions.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- Who Has Access to Information Collected by Praxis CET
Praxis CET discloses PII, Potential PII, and Other Information to its employees, contractors and Service Providers that:
- Need to know that information in order to process such information or provide services on our Websites on Praxis CET’s behalf; or
- Have agreed to protect your PII, Potential PII, and Other Information in accordance with our privacy practices
If you provide PII, Potential PII, or Other Information to us, then we or our Service Providers may use this information to market services and products to you. Our Service Providers include Authorize, Google Analytics, and Opt-in Monster.
- Authorize.net is a PCI-compliant entity that collects all billing information to process any orders that you may process on our Website and processes such information.
- Google Analytics collects anonymized data about how users access and interact with our Website.
- Opt-in Monster collects user email addresses and delivers them to MailChimp (our email service provider).
Praxis CET might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, PII, Potential PII, and Other Information may be part of the transferred assets. In such an event, PII, Potential PII, and Other Information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws.
Other than as described above, Praxis CET discloses PII, Potential PII, and Other Information only:
- When required to do so by law, court order, or a government agency.
- To respond to any legal claims or demands brought against us.
- To investigate suspicious or potentially illegal activity.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property, rights, or safety of Praxis CET, third parties or the public at large.
Praxis CET takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of PII, Potential PII, and Other Information.
Any purchases made on the Website are processed by Authorize.net. When you enter billing information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and billing address purchase a product from us, this information is actually collected and processed by Authorize.net. Authorize.net is a PCI compliant entity. Praxis CET does not collect, store, or maintain any financial information, unless you choose to store financial information in your account. Rather, once your financial information is processed, Authorize.net informs us the transaction is complete.
Communications from Praxis CET
If you have supplied your email address to us for future communications, Praxis CET may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new available workshops, online trainings, conferences, or to solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Praxis CET.
All emails and newsletters from our Website allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Your Privacy Rights
- Update Your Account. You may edit and update your account information by signing into your account on the Website. If you click “User Profile,” you can update your user name, billing information, and shipping information. If you click “Account Settings,” you can update your email address and password.
- Right to Modify Your Information. You may correct any inaccurate information, modify any information about yourself that you have provided to Praxis CET—whether that information was provided to us at our Website, in person at a workshop, or over the phone—and to supplement incomplete information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and what information you would like modified. Alternatively, you can call us at 1-800-748-6273.
- Delete Your Information. You may request that we delete any or all the information that you have provided about yourself to Praxis CET—whether that information was provided to us at our Website, in person at a book fair, or over the phone— by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call us at 1-800-748-6273.
- Restrict How Your Information is Used. You may request that we restrict how we use and process your PII, Potential PII, and Other Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For example, you may request that we no longer share your name and mailing address with other companies who sell products and services similar to those offered by Praxis CET by emailing us. Alternatively, you can call us at 1-800-748-6273.
- Transfer Your Information. If you desire to transfer any and all data that you have provided to us, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call us at 1-800-748-6273. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to transfer such data in a secure manner. Please be aware that not all states and countries provide for the same legal protections of data.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. Where you have given consent to us to process your PII, Potential PII, or Other Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent and we will promptly respond. You can exercise this right by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the information for which you ware withdrawing your consent or by calling us at 1-800-748-6273.
- Right to Object to Processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your PII, Potential PII, or Other Information which is based on Praxis CET’s legitimate interest in running, maintaining, and developing our business. Particularly, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information related to direct marketing communications. Upon receiving an objection from you, Praxis CET will cease to process your information. You can exercise this right by sending us an email at email@example.com with your name and the basis for your objection or by calling us at 1-800-748-6273.
- No Automated Decision-Making. On our Website, we do not use automated decision-making—which means using information that we know about you to make a decision about you that will significantly affect your legal interest.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process users’ requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely modify or totally delete information in our databases.
Praxis CET takes commercially reasonable steps to protect PII, Potential PII, and Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Whenever we collect PII, Potential PII, and Other Information on our Website, that information is encrypted while in transit and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Website. We are working towards encrypting our data at rest, as well.
Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you provide to or through our Website or email will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the internet. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
You should also engage in safe practices, such as: choosing a strong password that you do not share with others, using secure devices and networks, logging out of your account at the end of a session, and using reasonable caution.
Praxis CET takes commercially reasonable steps to dispose of user’s records containing PII that are within our custody when such records are no longer required. We retain records to the extent required by applicable law and for only the time period required by applicable law. We also comply with applicable laws regarding the maintenance, storage, and destruction of records containing PII or Potential PII. Steps to dispose of records may include shredding, erasing, or otherwise modifying the PII or Potential PII in those records to make it unreadable or undecipherable through any means.
Third Party Companies and Websites
Praxis CET does not knowingly collect PII, Potential PII, or Other Information from children under the age of 18 years old through our Website. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE PRAXIS CET WITH ANY POTENTIAL PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION.
It is Praxis CET’s policy to disclose our users’ names and contact information that we collect with other companies that sell similar products to us for direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-.84 requires that all California residents be afforded the option to exercise your choice of whether your PII may be shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or not, as well as to receive information specified in the statute if your PII is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, if you are a California resident and you wish to inform Praxis CET whether you permit or refuse the sharing of your PII with third parties for direct marketing purposes, or if you wish to request certain information of your PII to be disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 1-800-748-6273.
Location of Processing of PII, Potential PII, and Other Information
Your PII, Potential PII, and Other Information will be used, stored, processed, or shared in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your PII, Potential PII, and Other Information. By submitting your PII, Potential PII, and Other Information to us you agree to transfer, storage, and processing of your PII, Potential PII, or Other Information in the United States.
Other Forms of Communication
We may also communicate with you via in-person meetings, phone, and at workshops or conferences. If we collect from you Potential PII or PII about you from those interactions, we will store that information in our servers and information system in a commercially reasonable manner.
How to Contact Us
By e-mail: email@example.com
By phone: 1-800-748-6273
If you have any complaints, please contact us using the information above. Alternatively, you can contact the Attorney General of the State of California at 720-508-6000 or file a complaint with the Attorney General of the State of California here. If you are in the European Union, you can contact United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office at 0303-123-1133.
End of Policy
Last Updated, February 28, 2019