Praxis trainings fill fast. We want you to secure your spot rather than worry about whether you can make a particular event. So we’ve made our cancellation policy for workshops simple and easy.
If you cancel your registration:
- 21 or more days before the date of the event, we’ll refund all of your registration fees;
- 20 to 7 days before the event, we’ll refund 50% of your fee;
- Fewer than 7 days before an event, we’ll issue you 50% of your fee as a credit toward a future event.
If we cancel an event for any reason, of course, we’ll refund all of your registration fees.
Continuing-education certification fees can be refunded until the day before the event. They become non-refundable on the first day of the event. Continuing-education certification purchased at an event is non-refundable.
Online Course Cancellations
PraxisCET offers a number of online courses that use the Adobe Connect platform. These courses are scheduled to take place on specific days and hours, and they all include direct, personal access to the trainer. Cancellations and refunds for online courses are a little different from those for workshops, and the policy is different for cohort-based courses and ongoing series.
- Once you register for a cohort-based course, your fees are not refundable
- However, if you notify us at least one week in advance of the course start date, we will make your space available to waitlisted participants. If a waitlisted participant is available to take your space, we will refund all of your registration fees. To notify us about a cancellation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrations for ongoing series are not refundable. However, we will transfer your registration to another participant if you request it. To request a transfer, please email email@example.com
Continuing Education Credit
Please note that continuing education credit must be purchased separately from your workshop registration. In order to issue you CE credit, we’ll need to know your professional license type and number. Your CE credit fee becomes non-refundable on the first day of the workshop. You can add CE certification to your registration on the website any time before the start of your workshop. To add CE credit certification to your registration on site, please see a Praxis staff member.
PraxisCET cannot issue partial CE credit for any workshop session. Your attendance, verified by a check-in and check-out scan of your badge, is required at the entire session.
To find out more about CE credit, check out our continuing education page.
Fee Rates and Discounts
For the best prices on Praxis events, register as early as possible. For most events, price breaks will be:
- Early Registration: >90 - 30 days before the event
- Regular Registration: 30 - 7 days before the event
- Late Registration: 7 - 0 days before the event
Space permitting, we’ll take onsite registration for events.
Come to a Praxis event with friend or colleague and get a better deal on your registration. Bring more and save more!
- 2-3 registrants = 10% off
- 4-5 registrants = 15% off
- 5+ registrants = 20% off
- Student rate applies to current students, interns or if you are currently in a fellowship program
- Student rate is already deeply discounted; therefore cannot be combined with any promotional codes or offers
- Student spaces are limited; please register early
- Student ID showing current term, current class schedule, or current term tuition receipt is required to pick up your badge
- Continuing education credit certification fees cannot be discounted
- Student rates do not apply to webinars
- At our discretion, one or more volunteers may be recruited for a Praxis training event
- Volunteers may attend the training event free of charge and will be free to participate in all of the training activities during the event
- As a volunteer, you commit to assisting the Praxis staff member at the event:
- Two hours the night before event to set up
- One hour before the start of the event to set up
- Morning and afternoon breaks
- The first or second half of the lunch break, as directed
- Half an hour at the end of any day other than the last
- Two hours after the end of the last day to tear down
- Fees for continuing education credit certification, if needed, are not included
- Priority for volunteer spots may be given to universities, professional organizations, or other groups local to a particular event
To inquire about volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "VOLUNTEER" in the subject line. Be sure to specify the city and dates of the event for which you're interested in volunteering.
Returns and Exchanges on Books
Praxis has bookstores at many of our events, run by our partners at New Harbinger. They have a very generous return and exchange policy—as in you can return or exchange your purchase at any time during the event for any reason, excluding dvd's. BUT you MUST have an email or print receipt for all returns or exchanges.
Praxis Continuing Education and Training, Inc., is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the American Psychological Association's Ethical Principles of Psychologists. PraxisCET will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the president in consultation with the members of the continuing education group, the the professional coordinators for each profession.
While PraxisCET goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of the convention staff which require intervention and/or action on the part of the convention staff or an officer of PraxisCET. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
- If the grievance concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put his or her comments in written format. The president will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the aggrieved individual.
- If the grievance concerns a workshop offering, its content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop was offered, the president will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action and the president determines that the grievance is with grounds, the president may:
- attempt to move the participant to another workshop or
- provide a credit for a subsequent year's workshop or
- provide a partial or full refund of the workshop fee.
- Actions 2b and 2c will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record keeping purposes. The note need not be signed by the grieved individual.
- If the grievance concerns PraxisCET CE program, in a specific regard, the president will attempt to arbitrate.
Please contact Troy DuFrene( 5674 Shattuck Ave., Oakland, CA 94609 | 510-594-6103 | email@example.com) to submit a complaint, or if you have additional questions.
Webinar System Requirements:
- Windows 7 or later
- Windows Server 2008 and 2008 RT or later
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later
- Google Chrome v39 or later
- Mozilla Firefox v34 or later
- Internet Explorer v9 or later
- Apple Safari v6 or later
- 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended)
- GoToWebinar desktop app from Citrixonline.com
- 2GB or more of RAM
- Microphone and speakers (USB headset recommended) if unmuted by the organizer
PraxisCET is committed to observing your right to privacy and the security of your personal information.
We always welcome your questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact us.
By entering and using praxiscet.com, you are consenting to and agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you disagree with any of these terms and conditions, please exit the site.
We may collect information including name, address, telephone number, email address and/or credit card information when you:
- Place an order for an event registration, online course or other product
- Create an account at praxiscet.com
- Subscribe to our email newsletters or other email notifications
- Are referred to us by related web sites, conferences, or other partner companies
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
We use our best efforts to maintain your data in a secure database. We gather information about how visitors navigate through our Web site by using data gathered with cookies and/or other online tools.
A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies enable you to place an order on our Web site. For example, cookies are used to:
- Store items in your cart
- Recognize you when you return to praxiscet.com
- Study how our customers navigate through our web site and which products they request in site searches
Using Information We Collect
PraxisCET aims to provide you with the best possible ecommerce experience. To fulfill your orders, we collect information that allows us to:
- Process and track your order
- Contact you about the status of an order
- Send you catalogs or promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
- Send you an email newsletter or other email
- Identify your topic preferences
- Enhance our product development decisions
Information and Your Privacy Rights
We do not share our database of user email addresses.
We offer choices about the types of information you receive from us. If you state at the time of your order that you prefer not to receive emails from us about topics that may relate to former purchases, we will not send such emails to you.
How We Use Email
When you provide us your email address, we may send you emails necessary to process your order, respond to a request, provide customer service, or promote products or services.
We wish to send promotional emails only to those persons who wish to receive them. If you receive emails that you do not wish to continue receiving, there will always be an unsubscribe option.
Updating or Reviewing Your Information
To update your customer information (name, address, telephone number and email address), log in to your account to access your profile, or for assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not provide your information to outside companies except as provided above.
All orders placed at the Praxis CET website are executed via our secure credit card processing that meets all PCI standards. When you make a purchase or create an account on our Web site, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format.
Moreover, praxiscet.com employs Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol on all pages, not just payment screens, to encrypt all communications between Web browsers and the Web site.
Questions or Comments About our Website?
Please contact us.